Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Licorice Questions

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I ordered Licorice when she was on monthly special. I opened the box quickly when it came to make sure everything was there, but didn't pay much attention because I was really busy. Today, I opened her again for the first time since then and I noticed a couple of things that struck me as strange. First, her collar doesn't look like the one in the catalogue. I was expecting a collar that was solid (continuous) rhinestones. The one I have is basically a piece of silky black ribbon with cheap rhinestones spaced out ever quarter inch or so. I looked again at the catalogue pic and that's definitely not what it looks like. Next, I took out her yarn ball to stick in her mouth. Her magnet appears to be located in her throat, because the yarn sticks to her underneath her chin rather than within the white space that surrounds her nose and imaginary mouth. Does that make sense? It looks like she's holding the yarn between her chest and chin rather than in her mouth. Again, not what the catalogue shows. Are these things normal?

    - Becca

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm, I may have partially answered my own question. My Licorice holds the ball like the one pictured here. Perhaps they vary? Or they just edited the other catalogue pics? I just think it looks strange for the ball to be floating below the mouth area.

    - Becca

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, I just looked at my DD's Licorice which was purchased a year or so ago. The collar is a continuous band of rhinestones. It is stretchy, so it can fit over Licorice's head. About the pink ball- sometimes it looks like it is right in her mouth and sometimes it is a little low, like you mentioned. Try spinning the ball a little- it might be that your magnet is off-center like ours is, so it ends up higher or lower on the mouth- ours moves as much as 1/2 inch up or down depending on the orientation of the ball.

    Hope this helps,
    Jo

  4. #4
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DD got Licorice on our recent trip to AGPC. The collar is just as Jo described - continuous rhinestones on elastic. DD managed to lose the ball before we ever left the store. Luckily we called and Los Prevention found it. They are mailing it to us. Another example of great customer service IMO.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Our Licorice is following on the path described by Robin: full collar and lost ball of yarn.
    However, Coconut is a good friend and she shares toys with Licorice, and they sit right on her mouth. Some of the bigger toys (flower, Xmas stuff, cards, etc)may be less obviously out of place, so you may want to try those on.
    Anyways she is cute! Enjoy you kitty!
    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got my Licorice a year ago and her collar is a continuous band on rhinestones. I looks like a cute bracelet. The mat is pick with fuzz around it. Call up AG and tell them what Licorice's collar looks like and ask them if this normal. Maybe they will send you the other collar with the continuous band of rhinestones.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My niece's Licorice, purchased at AGPC last summer, has an all-rhinestone, stretchy necklace. Mine, purchased with the monthly special, has the black ribbon with a few rhinestones. It's really cheap compared to the old version. I was going to call to complain, but decided it wasn't worth the effort.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member historylover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just bought Licorice online at the end of March and her collar is a small black ribbon with multiple rhinestones covering the whole collar. Her ball fits right under the white part of her face.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hrmph, sounds like they're cheapening Licorice. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img] I'm debating between just sending her back and ordering one from my PS (in the hopes that she could pick out a good one for me), calling CS and asking for a replacement, or seeing if I can just get the old collar as a replacement part. The problem with the PS option is that I wouldn't get the sale price anymore. I tried messing with the ball a bit and I couldn't get it to look right, but I can probably deal with it. The collar bugs me, though. I'll let you know what I end up doing...

    - Becca

  10. #10
    Inactive Member beccachris's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2005
    Posts
    212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought Licorice as soon as she came out and ours has the stretchy collar with rhinestones all the way around. She will hold the ball she came with quite well, but it fits right under her chin. She has problems holding other things though. The ball that comes with the new tennis set does not work good at all - I guess because it has a very small magnet. Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •